Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Carputer

I asked my roomie to help me build a carputer. I'm not really a hardware guy, but still wanted to make something myself. After a few days of scouring the web for prebuilt small form factor computers my roomie came up with the idea of using a Mac Mini. The benefits of the mac mini include pre-built in wireless, decently fast processors, bluetooth, and the fact other had used Mac Mini's as well. Thus began the search. The first place I started was apple.com and the 500$ price tag wasn't bad, but I could do better. Craigslists.org found me a seller around the corner, full warranty still in affect, and saving a little money.

The Specs:
Mac Mini
Intel 1.66 Ghz
512MB of Ram
Bluetooth
Wireless b/g
DVD Slot

With the key component in hand, there was no going back.

No comments: